Warning: Do not let your dog eat this – this puppy died within 30 minutes!
  • thedogsdonate@gmail.com

Warning: Do not let your dog eat this – this puppy died within 30 minutes!

Everyone who has a dog knows that there are many hidden hazards out there. When you least expect it, your dog can eat something which later makes them sick. It’s very important to keep a close eye on what your four-legged friend is putting in its mouth.
 
Now, David O’Connor wants to warn all dog owners about the hidden poison that killed his beloved puppy Bell.
 
1
Warning to all dog owners. We lost our pup today after she ate some blue/green algae at the river Conon. The falling river and hot weather has created a danger which sadly we were not aware of. All dog owners please be aware as this is such a tragedy for Bell and our family.
 

Puppy poisoned

David was walking his nine-month-old spaniel Bell along the River Conon, in the Highlands of Scotland, when Bell stopped to take a drink.
 
Bell drank from the river but little did her owner know the danger in the water. Thirty minutes later his beloved puppy had died.
 
The puppy sadly died within 30 minutes of eating this killer algae, it was dried up on the banks of the HIghland river, who would have thought it?

Warning to others

Now David has an important message for all dog owners.
 
“Warning to all dog owners. We lost our pup today after she ate some blue/green algae at the river Conon. The falling river and hot weather has created a danger which sadly we were not aware of. All dog owners please be aware as this is such a tragedy for Bell and our family,”  David wrote on Facebook .
 
“From the first time she was sick to her passing away was under 30 minutes. I don’t want any other families to go through what we did,” he said, according to Inverness Courier.
 

 
The substance is commonly referred to as blue-green algae but it’s proper name is cyanobacteria. It can also sometimes look like green-blue flakes in the water or not be visible at all. It’s a very toxic substance that also poses a danger to fish.
 

Although this is a well-known substance, it’s important that everyone is aware of the dangers of blue-green algae. 

Please share this article to warn your friends and spread the word!!